[comp.sys.transputer] Digital Circuit Simulation on Transputers

stalker@CAPSRV.JHUAPL.EDU ("]") (04/04/91)

To:       Netters
>From:     Mario Stalker

Subject:  Hardware Simulation on Transputer Systems

Dear Netters:

I have successfully used transputer systems to perform the functional
simulation of hardware circuits.  The purpose of these simulations were to
validate the design of custom Medium Scale Integrated circuit for
communications before building the hardware prototype.  The idea was to
implement the simulation of a digital circuit on a single transputer, and
then replicate this model on other transputers.  I have implemented
the simulation on a 40 transputer network and wrote the models of different
hardware components in OCCAM, although other languages could be used as well.

Although that task was not difficult, I wonder if there is any software
package available which simplifies the task of simulating digital circuits on
transputer systems.  For instance, it would be nice to have a library of
models which perform the functions of digital IC's (i.e. counter, shifters,
registers, AND/OR/XOR gates, ALU's, etc.).  If anybody out there have
information about such applications software, please let me know.

Mario Stalker
SYSCON Corporation
9841 Broken Land Parkway
Suite 210