[net.micro] Any Timex-Sinclair users left out there?

schaefer@gumby.UUCP (10/04/85)

I am one of the orphans made by Timex when they decided to go back to
their watches. I started out with a kit-built Sinclair ZX81, then
got a TS2068 for graduation. I like the machine, but a lot of people
look down on it. I want to talk to people about software, hardware,
and such. If there are enough people maybe we can start our own
newsgroup. I am looking forward to some relevant micro news for a
change.

Matt

Lear@BLUE.RUTGERS.EDU (eliot lear) (10/10/85)

You really cannot knock the ZX81.  They made a real attempt to make a home
computer available to those who didn't want to invest hundreds of dollars!
Besides, ZX81s don't crash as much as Dec-20's :-)

					eliot

/* The opinions expressed above are those of the author.  Should they be anyone
   else's ... Well, that's their problem.
*/
-------

kenyon@nmtvax.UUCP (10/15/85)

>You really cannot knock the ZX81.  They made a real attempt to make a home
doorstop that included the High-Tech feeling that you just can't get
anywhere else.  :-)

                                Rob Kenyon
                                ...ucbvax!unmvax!nmtvax!kenyon
                                or
                                ...ucbvax!unmvax!nmtvax!robert

nessus@nsc.UUCP (Kchula-Rrit) (10/17/85)

[Which of these lines should be not-blank?]
[Which of these lines should be not-blank?]

> From: schaefer@gumby.UUCP
>
> I am one of the orphans made by Timex when they decided to go back to
> their watches. I started out with a kit-built Sinclair ZX81, then
> got a TS2068 for graduation. I like the machine, but a lot of people
> look down on it. I want to talk to people about software, hardware,
> and such. If there are enough people maybe we can start our own
> newsgroup. I am looking forward to some relevant micro news for a
> change.
>
> Matt

     I'm not TS/ZX user, but I remember that there used to be a net.zx for
Timex-Sinclair users, but it died last year(?) for lack of use.  If there
were enough interest...

     Also, I like my TI 99/4A, but a lot of people look down on it, too.

				Kchula-Rrit