[comp.sys.transputer] Link transfer rate, 1.2 MB/s is possible but...

stewe@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Stephan Wenger) (06/12/91)

In <16455@ganymede.inmos.co.uk> davidb@brac.inmos.co.uk (David Boreham) writes:
>In article <3589@kraftbus.cs.tu-berlin.de> stewe@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Stephan Wenger) writes:
>>
>>With this design we realize about 1.2 MB/s transfer rate between two
>                                   ^^^^^^^^
>>of this adaptors. We have never connected it to a transputer, but i
>>think, that the transputer would not be the bottleneck.
>

>Hmm. This sounds too high. I've never done any detailed measurements
>but simulations predict no more than 1Mbyte/s from any link adaptor
>under any operating conditions. Are you sure you are measuring the
>correct thing and that ACKs are matching the right data packets ?

This project was realized by some students here at Technical University of
Berlin. They told me now, they used a 12.88 MHz crystal (divided by 2)
as the (nominal 5 MHz) clk for the two c011. This works properly, because
we never wanted (or tried) to connect this link-adaptors to other Inmos
Devices and due to the superb Inmos chips... . I'm sorry about the confusion.

Yours Stephan Wenger
stewe@opal   stewe@tub