[comp.sys.transputer] Inmos Ansi C Toolset for PC ... libc.lib ... found!!!

banko@moskva.ks.uiuc.edu (Brad Banko) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.010402.15766@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> banko@lisboa.ks.uiuc.edu (Brad Banko) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have just finished installing the Inmos Ansi C Toolset on a PC host, but when
>I went to do the confidence testing, I had two problems:
>
>1)  the iserver which came with the Toolset can't seem to find the
>transputer (i have tried setting transputer=150 and transputer=#150)...
>the iserver which is already on the system with tds3 works ok, though.

there are two versions of the iserver in ictools\iserver... one for a T4 host
and one for a T8 host... you copy the one you want onto "iserver.exe", and
i was trying to use the wrong one.

>2)  (***) when I try to "ilink" the hello.c program, the linker can't
>find "libc.lib"... I have the isearch=c:\ictools\libs\ set ok, but there is
>no "libc.lib" in the libs directory?

when i ran the installation the first time, i had some extra resident stuff
on the system (e.g., PC_NFS...), and the PK unpacker failed with an
"out of memory" error when trying to build the libc.lib (but the install
kept running, so i didn't pay much attention to this)...
after stripping the config.sys & autoexec.bat down to the bare essentials,
(and cleaning out the old installation files!), the install ran correctly,
and "libc.lib" appeared mysteriously!  (or not so mysteriously.)