[comp.editors] Script to WordPerfect

phcalamai@water.waterloo.edu (Paul H. Calamai) (07/06/88)

Hi.  I'm looking for a program to translate Script files
     to WordPerfect.  It would be nice if this were an
     IBM-PC executable but an IBM mainframe program would
     also be acceptable.

     Any pointers would be appreciated!

     Thanks.

bkc@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Brad Clements) (07/11/88)

From article <1681@water.waterloo.edu>, by phcalamai@water.waterloo.edu (Paul H. Calamai):
> Hi.  I'm looking for a program to translate Script files
>      to WordPerfect.  It would be nice if this were an
>      IBM-PC executable but an IBM mainframe program would
>      also be acceptable.
>
>      Any pointers would be appreciated!
>
>      Thanks.
Would you consider just running IBM Script on the PC instead?

shore@ncifcrf.gov (Melinda Shore) (07/12/88)

[]
In article <1168@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> bkc@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Brad Clements) writes:
>Would you consider just running IBM Script on the PC instead?

Waterloo Script and IBM Script are not compatible.
--
Melinda Shore                                    shore@ncifcrf.gov
NCI Supercomputer Facility              ..!uunet!ncifcrf.gov!shore

bkc@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Brad Clements) (07/13/88)

From article <522@fcs280s.ncifcrf.gov>, by shore@ncifcrf.gov (Melinda Shore):
> []
> In article <1168@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> bkc@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Brad Clements) writes:
>>Would you consider just running IBM Script on the PC instead?
>
> Waterloo Script and IBM Script are not compatible.

I know the author of a PC utility (called Scrimpt) which nearly fully
emulates Waterloo Script. (including macros, gml tag support, loads
of device drivers (you can create your own) laser printer support
including PostScript etc)

You can write to him at
       $rcb@clvm.bitnet
       or   rcb@clutx.clarkson.edu

Or you can write to me for more information.
bkc@omnigate.clarkson.edu