[comp.editors] Mac editor/word processor needed

jdc@naucse.UUCP (John Campbell) (11/10/88)

A friend of mine is a MacIntosh developer without access to the net.
When he mentioned his latest problem I offered to post a query for him.
If you know anything that can help, please send a note to me so I can
pass the information along.  Thanks.

--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc

	unix?  Sure send me a dozen, all different colors.

denn@violet.berkeley.edu (Leonard Rosenthol) (11/12/88)

In article <1018@naucse.UUCP> jdc@naucse.UUCP (John Campbell) writes:

>>I need to implement a fairly sophisticated word processor embedded in
>>another application.  I really do not want to reinvent the wheel.  I am
>>aware of one commercial product (WP-Engine) but its license is too
>>expensive and it really doesn't do what I need to do anyway (its interface
>>is too high level).  Is anyone aware of any public domain, shareware or
>>commercial tools out there?

	Well, I hate to tell you this, but as far as I am aware, WPEngine is
the only one of its kind available currently.  However, I understand that
the same company that does WPEngine now has a less powerful version called
'Paragraph Engine' for considerably less $$ ($500 vs. $2500).

Disclaimer: I know the people at Datapak, but have no vested interest..

/*  Leonard Rosenthol           | GEnie:  MACgician             */
/*  President, Lazerware inc.   | Delphi: MACgician             */
/*                              | MacNet: MACgician             */
/*  denn@violet.berkeley.edu    | AppleLink: D0025              */