[comp.editors] Patches for a vi tag stack?

hans@nlgvax.UUCP (Hans Zuidam) (11/18/88)

I think it was about 6 months ago that someone posted patches for
vi to implement a tag stack. That way you can go 'down' a number
of function calls using '^] and still be able to return to the point
where you started using ^^. Such a feature is real handy when running
around in large source trees.

If anyone has the patches, can you send me a copy? Thanks in advance.

					Hans
--
Hans Zuidam                                    E-Mail: hans@pcg.philips.nl
Philips Telecommunications and Data Systems,   Tel: +31 40 892288

In article <156@nlgvax.UUCP> I wrote:
>I think it was about 6 months ago that someone posted patches for
>vi to implement a tag stack. That way you can go 'down' a number
>of function calls using '^] and still be able to return to the point
>where you started using ^^. Such a feature is real handy when running
>around in large source trees.
>
>If anyone has the patches, can you send me a copy? Thanks in advance.

Well, I got a copy allready. Sjoerd Mullender from the CWI sent it
this morning, thanks. They were done by Mike Rendell and were posted to
comp.sources.misc in Februari:

	Comp.sources.misc: Volume 2, Issue 55
	Submitted-By: "Mike Rendell" <michael@garfield.UUCP>
	Archive-Name: vi-tag-stack