[comp.editors] rn saving files very slow

dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) (06/29/89)

I am saving files from the net in mailbox format from rn. It takes
many times longer to save a file in rn than it did in vnews. Is
there something I have set up incorrectly to cause such slow saves?

--
Dan Troxel @ Handwriting Research Corporation                  WK 1-602-957-8870
Camelback Corporate Center  2821 E. Camelback Road  Suite 600  Phoenix, AZ 85016

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (06/30/89)

In article <199981@hrc.UUCP> dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:

> I am saving files from the net in mailbox format from rn. It takes
> many times longer to save a file in rn than it did in vnews. Is
> there something I have set up incorrectly to cause such slow saves?

Long time ago, before I abandoned rn, I noticed the same, and wrote a
small, fast mbox-saver program to be used instead of the slow shell
script.

If there is interest, I can mail or post it, although it is rather
trivial.

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans			 jv@mh.nl via european backbone (mcvax)
Multihouse Automatisering bv		uucp: ..!{mcvax,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv