[comp.editors] jove 4.13 under TurboC 2.0

wlr@beach.cis.ufl.edu (William Ricker) (09/01/89)

I've finally gotten around to try to port Jove 4.13 to msdos using
Turbo C 2.0. Mostly by using macros to define microsoft's dos and bios
interface into Turbo C's. So far so good. I can execute jove and all
looks fine. However, when I try to load a file, the file gets mugged
and I get the following error message:
	Tmp file READ error; to continue editing would be dangerous

Which it is. Continuing to edit results in the old ctlr-alt-del sequence.
Any body got TC port working? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
bill
--
Bill Ricker                                wlr@vlsi2.ee.ufl.edu
141 Turkey Creek                          wlr@beach.cis.ufl.edu

mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) (09/07/89)

In article <20816@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> wlr@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>I've finally gotten around to try to port Jove 4.13 to msdos using
>Turbo C 2.0. Mostly by using macros to define microsoft's dos and bios
>interface into Turbo C's. So far so good. I can execute jove and all
>looks fine. However, when I try to load a file, the file gets mugged
>and I get the following error message:
>	Tmp file READ error; to continue editing would be dangerous

This may or may not be your answer.

I've seen something like this happen under MSDOS (with JOVE, that is)
when the temp directory that I had designated (when compiling JOVE)
did not exist.  When the amount of text is large enough, JOVE will
begin swapping it to a temp file in that temp area.  If it can't
open that file, bad things happen.

Check to see that you have created the temp directory that you
told JOVE to use.

-mm-
--
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett