[comp.editors] Future here?

tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) (01/16/90)

scs@iti.org (Steve Simmons) writes:
>tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) writes:
>
>In the Q&A at that session I recall your being asked about the status
>of the tools developed for the new OED -- editors, indexers, etc.
>
>Would you please post some data here about those tools?  (seems like a
>relevant post for this group), and
>
>Is the future here yet?

Yeah, it's relevant all right, but I don't think it's appropriate to
launch into commercial-product-promotion outside of comp.newprod.

We did a lot of work, we wrote a lot of software that does neat stuff
with massive amounts of text, people like it, so we spun off a company
to sell the stuff.  Drop me a line and I'll deluge you with info.

The future?  It ended in 1918.  This is the post-modern era.

Cheers, Tim  Bray, tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu, (519)746-8288
  New OED Project\
 and              >Waterloo, Ont., Canada
Open Text Systems/