[comp.editors] Microsoft Word or Word Perfect for Unix

roise@sumax.UUCP (Linda Roise) (02/09/90)

Is anyone aware of Microsoft Word's being made available for Unix
systems?  How about Word Perfect?  I believe Word Perfect is available
for Xenix systems.  I use the Macintosh version of Microsoft Word
(4.0) on a daily basis.  I'm becoming pretty proficient in vi.  But I
am trying to teach some of my adjunct faculty members and others how
to do news and mail, and they are not yet ready for the challenge of
vi.  If I could install an easier-to-use editor on the Encore Multimax
(Umax) Unix system, it would simplify things a great deal. These folks
use either Word for Mac or MS/DOS or they use Word Perfect.

--
Linda L. Roise, M.A.   : uucp    :{uw-beaver,uunet!gtenmc!dataio}!sumax!roise
Dir. Addiction Studies : Internet: roise@{blake,max,uwacdc}.acs.washington.edu

mikulska@odin.ucsd.edu (Margaret Mikulska) (02/10/90)

In article <1232@sumax.UUCP> roise@sumax.UUCP (Linda Roise) writes:

>Is anyone aware of Microsoft Word's being made available for Unix
>systems?  How about Word Perfect?

Word Perfect is available for UNIX, at least for Sun-3's and Sun-4's.
We have it on a SparcStation-1. I don't recall the price, but it`s
not very cheap.

Margaret Mikulska
UC San Diego

mmikulska@ucsd.edu