[comp.editors] I want to print Lines: ## when using the = command in rn

dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) (02/15/90)

In rn, when you use the '=' command, it will display the article number,
and the subject line. I wish to format the line to:

   article#  #of_bytes #of_lines subject

I hsave so far used this to get article# #of_bytes and subject:

  -ESUBJLINE=%z" "%s

but have not figured out how to get the Lines: ## variable in there.

HOW?????
--
Dan Troxel @ Handwriting Research Corporation                  WK 1-602-957-8870
Camelback Corporate Center  2821 E. Camelback Road  Suite 600  Phoenix, AZ 85016

sft@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (scott.thompson) (02/16/90)

In article <201467@hrc.UUCP> dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:
|In rn, when you use the '=' command, it will display the article number,
|and the subject line. I wish to format the line to:
|
|   article#  #of_bytes #of_lines subject
|
|I hsave so far used this to get article# #of_bytes and subject:
|
|  -ESUBJLINE=%z" "%s
|
|but have not figured out how to get the Lines: ## variable in there.
|

|HOW?????
|--
|Dan Troxel @ Handwriting Research Corporation                  WK 1-602-957-8870
|Camelback Corporate Center  2821 E. Camelback Road  Suite 600  Phoenix, AZ 85016
|ncar!noao!asuvax!hrc!dan          zardoz!hrc!dan      hrc!dan@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

Try:
-ESUBJLINE=%z" "%[lines]" "%s
--
  Scott Thompson, 45261, (IH 6W-207), AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, Il. 60566

   VOICE: (708)-979-2237  UUCP: ...!att!ihlpa!sft  ARPA: sft@ihlpa.att.com

he@stollco.UUCP (Helge Oldach) (02/16/90)

In article <201467@hrc.UUCP> dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:
> In rn, when you use the '=' command, it will display the article number,
> and the subject line. I wish to format the line to:
>
>    article#  #of_bytes #of_lines subject
>
> I hsave so far used this to get article# #of_bytes and subject:
>
>   -ESUBJLINE=%z" "%s
>
> but have not figured out how to get the Lines: ## variable in there.

The summary says it all: I use "%z %[lines] %s" to include the number of
bytes and lines.

Helge Oldach   ..!unido!stollco!he   he@sephh.hh.sub.org
--
Helge Oldach   ..!unido!stollco!he   he@sephh.hh.sub.org