[comp.editors] EDT for UNIX?

csquared@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Randy Clarke) (07/23/90)

     I've got several dozen programmers that are in the process of moving
from VMS to Unix...There has been alot of resistance to use vi, and I was
wondering if anyone knew of a version of EDT for Unix...source preferable,
but binary is okay...PD or licensed, doesn't matter.

                         Many Thanks,
                              Randy Clarke

email:  csquared@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

"Recycle or Die"  ---bumper sticker

markh@squirrel.LABS.TEK.COM (Mark Henderson) (07/25/90)

In article <34305@ut-emx.UUCP> csquared@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Randy Clarke) writes:
>     I've got several dozen programmers that are in the process of moving
>from VMS to Unix...There has been alot of resistance to use vi, and I was
>wondering if anyone knew of a version of EDT for Unix...source preferable,
>but binary is okay...PD or licensed, doesn't matter.

Boston Business Computing has a product called EDT+, their phone number is
+1 508 470 0444

Also, Mesira has MORMACS/EDT +1 408 425 7115

Both are available for SUN platforms...

I have not used either of these products so do not endorse them in
any way whatsoever.

Mark Henderson
--
Mark Henderson, Tektronix, Inc., MS 50-662, P.O. Box 500, Beaverton, OR 97077
Telephone: +1 503 627 6280  FAX: +1 503 627 5502  TELEX: 6503784996MCI UW

dave@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (David A Rasmussen) (07/26/90)

From article <6529@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM>, by markh@squirrel.LABS.TEK.COM (Mark Henderson):
#
# Boston Business Computing has a product called EDT+, their phone number is
# +1 508 470 0444
#
# Also, Mesira has MORMACS/EDT +1 408 425 7115
#
# Both are available for SUN platforms...

Speaking of edt, is there an archive anywhere of gnu emacs .el files that
emulate different editors, at least to some degree? I keep getting questions
from people who like to use wordstar, word perfect, and so on. If someone
had an archive of these things, even if they did merely basic commands it
probably would be a boon to the techno turnips.

Seems to me I recall seeing a edt.el file. Others exist?

--
Internet:dave@uwm.edu, Uucp:uwm!dave, Bitnet:dave%uwm.edu@INTERBIT
AT&T:414-229-5133 USnail:Dave Rasmussen-CSD,Box 413 EMS380,Milwaukee,WI 53201