[comp.editors] Fortran mode in emacs

ae219dp@prism.gatech.EDU (Devon Prichard) (08/21/90)

how can I change my .emacs file, so that emacs is always in fundamental
mode? there are certain features in Fortran mode which are either mis-
documented or bugged, and I can't change them to my liking.

I would generally perfer that the editor always act the same, regardless
of the type of file being edited...

thanx

 | Devon Prichard             making the world safe for helicopters ... |
 | ae219dp@prism.gatech.edu                                             |

jem@cs.hut.fi (Johan Myreen) (08/23/90)

In article <12837@hydra.gatech.EDU> ae219dp@prism.gatech.EDU (Devon Prichard) writes:

>how can I change my .emacs file, so that emacs is always in fundamental
>mode? there are certain features in Fortran mode which are either mis-
>documented or bugged, and I can't change them to my liking.

(setq auto-mode-alist nil)

--
Johan Myreen
jem@cs.hut.fi