[comp.editors] Wordperfect auto refs don't

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (09/07/90)

For all you WP gurus,

	Please explain what could cause the auto reference function to goes
	bonkers? Here is the situation:

	I have a document that uses auto paragraph numbering, generates a table
	of contents using the paragraph titles and is about 16 pages long.
	The paragraph style is legal and the numbering starts at 1. At a point
	about half way into the document I need a reference tied back to a
	previous paragraph so I enter alt5 to mark text, select auto ref, then
	select 3 for marking both target and ref. Then following the prompt I
	move to the target location and hit enter. poof I get my cross reference
	and evertything looks great. ( if it matters the P# is 2.4.2.1) Later
	I do a generate to update my table of contents and go back and look at
	my reference and it has changed to ".7.1" (note the leading "."). I
	called WP and even sent them a copy of the file to look at, so far no
	answer.

	Anyone out there have a clue as to why this happens? Oh yes,
	this WP 5.0.

	Please e-mail responses as I do not read this group regularly.

	Thanks,
	Monty Saine

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (09/14/90)

In article <926@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
>For all you WP gurus,
>
>	Please explain what could cause the auto reference function to goes
>	bonkers? Here is the situation:

	To all that are interested, the problem was an older version ov 5.0
	The third person I talked to at WP finally knew what was happening.
	My version was dated Jan 89 and the current update was May 90.
	Problem now has gone,but.... now my printer thinks the pages
	starts two inches in. After another call to WP and the resulting
	setting of a "forms" function that puts the left edge at -1" all
	appears normal.

	Enjoy,
	Monty Saine