[comp.editors] Vi for Vax/VMS????

brad@b11.ingr.com (Brad Maxwell) (12/01/90)

   I've heard of vi versions for just about everything except VMS.

   Anyone know of one?

   Just wondering,
     Brad Maxwell

jhagen@TALOS.UUCP (Jarom Hagen) (12/02/90)

brad@b11.ingr.com (Brad Maxwell) writes:

>   I've heard of vi versions for just about everything except VMS.
>   Anyone know of one?

Sure.  There is a VI/TPU editor running on our VAX (using VMS) right
now.
  *Not paid for and/or endorsed by National Political Resources Incorporated.
		                   602 Cameron St, Alexandria VA 22314
  (UUCP: ...uunet!uupsi!pbs!npri6!jhagen)

richard@mqcomp.mqcc.mq.OZ (Richard Miller) (12/06/90)

RE:  Vi under VMS

We have a tpu script here that does quiet a good impression of vi,
with windows to boot.

RIchard
|   __                                                                       |
|  /_/ -__ /_ _ _ _ __/  /\/\ -//  _                                         |
| / \ /(_ / /(_/ / (_/  /   ////(~/                                          |
| School Math, Physics, Elec and Computing, Macquarie University SYDNEY AUST.|
|  Email: richard@mqcomp.mqcs.mq.oz.au ,Ph:+61 2 8058374, Fax:+61 2 8058983  |
|____________________________________________________________________________|

jgay@digi.lonestar.org (john gay) (12/08/90)

From article <843@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz>, by richard@mqcomp.mqcc.mq.OZ (Richard Miller):
> RE:  Vi under VMS
>
> We have a tpu script here that does quiet a good impression of vi,
> with windows to boot.
>
> RIchard

How big is your tpu script?  Could you post it for those of us who
have to suffer through the use of VMS occasionally and normally
use Unix and vi.

Mucho apprecodo (thanx)

john gay.