[comp.editors] Learning emacs

stevea@locus.com (Steve Anderson) (02/12/91)

In article <16541@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> bruno@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Bruce W. Mohler) writes:
>Are there any recommended ways of learning emacs (I currently
>use vi)?  Are there any reference books on (learning) emacs?

If you mean GNU Emacs, type emacs at the prompt to start it.  When it
comes up, press ctrl-h, then t, which runs the tutorial.  Some people
don't like the tutorial, but that's how I learned to use Emacs.

Email me if you want me to send you an ascii quick reference sheet.
Also email me if you have questions as you are learning emacs.
--
-Steve A. Anderson         I do not speak officially for Locus or IBM, just me.
stevea@locus.com    ...{uunet|ucla-se|sequent}!lcc!stevea    vi: Vogon Inspired