[comp.editors] FAQ list anyone?

carl@mugwump.UK.Sun.COM (Carl Johnson - Sun EHQ - MIS) (04/08/91)

Hi all,
	I have been reading this group for a while now, and it seems to me that
just recently I have started to see the same questions coming up.  So what
about starting a FAQ list?  Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
(Now there's a stupid question (^;  ).
	If no one else wants to volunteer, I could do it, but, as I have never
used anything but VI on unix, I would need a lot of help for the other editors.
And I am _sure_ there are people out there with more knowledge/experience.
	Anyway, lets hear what you have to say first.  After all this maybe a
totally stupid idea, that I can put down to it being Monday.

Cheers,
Carl.

wyle@inf.ethz.ch (Mitchell Wyle) (04/09/91)

In <6095@male.EBay.Sun.COM>
carl@mugwump.UK.Sun.COM (Carl Johnson - Sun EHQ - MIS) writes:

>So what about starting a FAQ list?
>Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

good idea.  yes.  do it.

>If no one else wants to volunteer, I could do it, but, as I have never
>used anything but VI on unix, I would need a lot of help for the other editors.

vi on unix is a good start.  I'll mail you my archive of vi articles (over
500 Kilobytes compressed).

>And I am _sure_ there are people out there with more knowledge/experience.

And you can collect their e-mail addresses, adding them to your private
"Gurus" list.

Go for it Carl.  Expect my vi article archive in the mail.

-Mitch