[comp.editors] WordStar emulation mode in Emacs, WordStar-like editor in Unix

ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) (04/09/91)

I'm involved in getting a bunch of PC users to use a bunch of
Suns.  I know for fact that it's possible for write a script
which will make emacs emulate WordStar.

The question: has someone written something like this?  More
generally, is there a sugar-coated WordStar-like editor publicly
available on Unix?

Thanks,

	-ans.

Ajay Shah, (213)734-3930, ajayshah@usc.edu
                             The more things change, the more they stay insane.

markh@squirrel.LABS.TEK.COM (Mark C. Henderson) (04/09/91)

In article <31761@usc> ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) writes:
->
->I'm involved in getting a bunch of PC users to use a bunch of
->Suns.  I know for fact that it's possible for write a script
->which will make emacs emulate WordStar.
->
->The question: has someone written something like this?  More
->generally, is there a sugar-coated WordStar-like editor publicly
->available on Unix?

Check out the Emacs-lisp anonymous ftp archive at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu.
The file ~ftp/pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/wordstar.el.Z contains
a wordstar emulation for GNU Emacs.

Mark

--
       Mark C. Henderson, Computer Research Laboratory, Tektronix, Inc.
             MS 50-662, P.O. Box 500, Beaverton, OR 97077, U.S.A.

de5@ornl.gov (Dave Sill) (04/10/91)

In article <31761@usc>, ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) writes:

>I'm involved in getting a bunch of PC users to use a bunch of
>Suns.  I know for fact that it's possible for write a script
>which will make emacs emulate WordStar.
>
>The question: has someone written something like this?

                Emacs Lisp Code Apropos -- "wordstar"

wordstar          90-1-31
     Jim Frost, <jimf@saber.com>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/wordstar.el.Z
     Wordstar keycap definitions.

>More
>generally, is there a sugar-coated WordStar-like editor publicly
>available on Unix?

I don't know of one.

--
Dave Sill (de5@ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (04/10/91)

ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) writes:
>The question: has someone written something like this?  More
>generally, is there a sugar-coated WordStar-like editor publicly
>available on Unix?

yes, it's called dte-5.0 and you can ftp it from garbo.uwasa.fi.
--
   Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93 [voice!]
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: