[comp.editors] Looking for an english dictionary

David GELDREICH <GELDREIC@FRECP12.BITNET> (05/10/91)

 Hi netland,

   I am looking for an english dictionary. I am wondering where I could find on
e. Does anyone know any ftp sites from I can get it.

            Thanks in advance

                   David Geldreich (Ecole Centrale Paris)

xiaoy@bullet.ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO Yan) (05/10/91)

In article <91129.212236GELDREIC@FRECP12.BITNET> David GELDREICH <GELDREIC@FRECP12.BITNET> writes:
> Hi netland,
>
>   I am looking for an english dictionary. I am wondering where I could find on
>e. Does anyone know any ftp sites from I can get it.
>
>            Thanks in advance
>

>                   David Geldreich (Ecole Centrale Paris)

If you are looking for a dictionary for spell checking, your system
should have one about 50000 words.
If you want Webster or similar thing, I think CopyRight alone would
prevent people to copy around.  (Some machines do provide Webster
service, but you can not copy the whole dictionary).

Xiao