[comp.editors] !}fmt in elvis?

rrb@smunews.UUCP (Robert R. Bailey) (06/01/91)

I have a question about elvis 1.4.  Is there any way to reformat a
paragraph, like using !}fmt in real vi?

mh@awds23.imsd.contel.com (Mike Hoegeman) (06/02/91)

In article <18588@smunews.UUCP> rrb@smunews.UUCP (Robert R. Bailey) writes:
>I have a question about elvis 1.4.  Is there any way to reformat a
>paragraph, like using !}fmt in real vi?

!}fmt works OK for me using elvis under unix. maybe you have an ancient
version of elvis or maybe you are using a DOS version that does not let
you fork child processes. (I just used !}fmt to format this message
with elvis on a sparcstation 2 using the X11/NeWS version of elvis).

alan@ukpoit.co.uk (Alan Barclay) (06/03/91)

In article <18588@smunews.UUCP> rrb@smunews.UUCP (Robert R. Bailey) writes:
>I have a question about elvis 1.4.  Is there any way to reformat a
>paragraph, like using !}fmt in real vi?

Have you got the fmt program, and is it in your path?
--
  Alan Barclay
  iT                                |        E-mail : alan@ukpoit.uucp