[sci.psychology] Psych testing software

jpalmer@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) (11/21/89)

	My wife is a psychologist. She recently saw mention in the
_Jl. Child Psychol. Psychiat._, Vol. 30, No. 4, 1989, p I., of a
software package [JCPP-033-587] called "The L.I.F.E. Diary", an
interactive tester which, "...allows a non-programmer to easily convert
virtually any paper and pencil test into a computer administered,
scored and profiled test." The brief mention of the software lists
Dick Inglis, Walla Walla, Washington, as "contributor" and says it has been
in use at 70 sites for about 3 years. It is distributed by Psytek
Services, whoever and wherever that is.

	Does anyone know anything about this program or any other
which would facilitate pyschological testing and assessments?
Thanks.

--

 reply to jpalmer@uwovax.uwo.ca         The Economics Institute for Journalists
 London, Ontario CANADA N6A 5C2		Voice: (519) 661-3533     FAX: 661-3292

jpalmer@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) (12/02/89)

About three or four weeks ago, I posted the following:

Newsgroups: sci.psychology,comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Psych. testing software

	My wife is a psychologist. She recently saw mention in the
_Jl. Child Psychol. Psychiat._, Vol. 30, No. 4, 1989, p I., of a
software package [JCPP-033-587] called "The L.I.F.E. Diary", an
interactive tester which, "...allows a non-programmer to easily convert
virtually any paper and pencil test into a computer administered,
scored and profiled test." The brief mention of the software lists
Dick Inglis, Walla Walla, Washington, as "contributor" and says it has been
in use at 70 sites for about 3 years. It is distributed by Psytek
Services, whoever and wherever that is.

	Does anyone know anything about this program or any other
which would facilitate pyschological testing and assessments?
Thanks.
-------------

	The two replies I received arrived on the same day. The relevant
portions of each are presented below:
--
(1).

Could you please  let me have  any information you  receive about this
package.

Thanks,
Colin

		    Internet: C.Eagle@massey.ac.nz
--
(2).

From: syswerda@BBN.COM

Could you send me anything you find out from your request?
Thank you.  --Gil