[comp.sys.ibm] Babbage Sues Computer Industry!!

peterd@opus.cs.mcgill.ca (Peter Deutsch) (12/21/89)

In article <129481@sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:
> In article <3458@husc6.harvard.edu>, siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) writes:
>
>  [ news of the current lawsuits in virtual reality . . ]
>
> In a related move, Babbage himself is being taken to court by Blaise Pascal,
> inventor of an early census-tabulating computer.

In further developements in this interesting case. M.
Jacquard, a well-know French inventor (responsible for the
Jacquard loom, a precursor of the well-know punch card
technology) announce in a press conference in Paris that
he would be joining with M. Pascal in his suit.

M. Pascal who was also at the press conference, announced
a further suit, aimed at M. Wirth over the name of his
popular teaching language. Said M. Pascal, "You call him
by name or by value but his lawyer better call my lawyer
by Monday or else we'll see each other in court!" M. Wirth
could not be reached for comment.

			- peterd

+-------+	Peter Deutsch,			    -- where am I? --
| u # u |	School of Computer Science,	internet: peterd@cs.mcgill.ca
|/\/\/\/|	McGill University,		bitnet:  peterd@musocs
| a   a |	3480 University St.		uucp:..!mit-eddie!musocs!peterd
\   a   /	Montreal, Que, Canada, H3A 2A7	phone:  (514) 398-6698
 \_____/                                        fax:   (514) 398-3883
		"These are only my opinions, but I'm willing to share..."