[rec.sport.basketball] Lakers are heaven's gift to basketball????

g3q@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Kevin J Podsiadlik) (01/17/90)

In article <1990Jan16.215907.29720@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> narain@castor.csg.uiuc.edu.UUCP (Prakash Narain) writes:

>Heck, I used to think that the pistons' fans have the lowest literacy level
>on the net.  But you, singlehandedly, take the Lakers' fans to the deepest
>of pits.  Grow up.  Join some reading program for adults.
>
>Prakash

And you, Mr. Narain, should join some program for BECOMING an adult.  Just
what do you hope to gain by these little attacks on the fans of the best
teams in the NBA??  Are you trying to show your team's superiority this way?
(Whatever your team is, I feel sorry for them, having to have you as a "fan".)

If you want to rag on the cities of Detroit and L.A. in general, I have no
immediate objections.  I am from the Detroit area, and the city itself is the
pits.  And I am sure Ed will admit that there are areas of L.A. that are not
so nice either.

But the fact is, when you attack the fans of a sports franchise, you attack
them all PERSONALLY.  This is especially true when you limit the group to the
tiny minority that have net access.  And since the net is primarily linked
to colleges and other science-based groups, you are most probably attacking
some of the smartest people in the country.  We aren't all MENSA members,
true, but we know an insult when we read one.
                                 -------

I apologize to all the netters for taking this subject more seriously than
it probably should have been.

Long overdue: Followups to alt.flame.

Kevin Podsiadlik
g3q@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Go Pistons!
Proposed date of .sig completion: Feb. 1990.