[rec.sport.football] Jimmy

chuck@olivej.olivetti.com (Chuck Droukas) (01/23/88)

in article <974@stratus.UUCP>, chen@stratus.UUCP (Ray Chen) says:

> In article <39500@sun.uucp> tut%cairo@Sun.COM (Bill Tuthill) writes:
>>In article <22690@cmcl2.NYU.EDU>, wangzh@cmcl2.NYU.EDU (Zhu Wang) writes:
>>> ...is this topic too hot for anyone to handle?
>>
>>There's some (unpleasant) truth in what he says.  At slave auctions,
>>plantation owners probably picked the strongest and healthiest-looking
>>slaves available.  And preferred those with good teeth, so that dental
>>bills would be lower.
>>
>>You'll probably never see a white person duplicate Walter Payton's
>>career.  The guy is amazing, especially considering that he's not as
>>big as Jim Brown or Larry Czonka.
>
> Be real.  I don't we'll see *anybody* duplicate Walter Payton's career
> be he white, black, or polka-dotted.  Payton was simply amazing.  To
> call him "one-in-a-million" would be slighting him.  Yes, Payton is
> black.  But most important, Payton is Payton.

John madden would say:
YO RAY, let's not get rational.  After all, this is <boom> rec.sport.football,
and <hitting in the trenches> not everybody is logical.  <He's on my
all-Madden team, did you see the way he spit on his jersey>  Jimmy The "gimme
another ouzo" Greek, may have been wrong, but at least he's off of the only
football network, CBS.  Could Brent be next (PLEEEEEASE!!!!)?

RUMOR_MILL()
{
	struct ESPN{
		char *guest_commentator;
	} JIM_BROWN;
	char *fired_from_CBS;

	fired_from_CBS = "Jimmy the Greek\0";

	ESPN.guest_commentator = fired_from_CBS;

	printf("%s\n",ESPN.guest_commentator);

}

The views expressed here are not my own, but rather the views of my
colleauges, who were to afraid to post this themselves.  Whats their point?
I DON'T KNOW!