[alt.config] alt connectivity info?

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (01/24/88)

Is there any information on the current connectivity of sites
which pass the alt.* groups?  I've been avoiding sending out a sendsys
message to find out, because of the traffic.  Anyone already done so
and analysed the results?
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@harvard.harvard.edu

gam@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Gordon A. Moffett) (02/07/88)

In article <608@spdcc.COM> dyer@spdcc.com (Steve Dyer) writes:
>Is there any information on the current connectivity of sites
>which pass the alt.* groups?  I've been avoiding sending out a sendsys
>message to find out, because of the traffic.  Anyone already done so
>and analysed the results?

I haven't heard anything thing come of this.  I would like to know:
where I can pass on alt.* articles that assures me that it will be
distributed thru-out the network.  That is, who are the backbones of
the alt distribution?

amdahl would be happy to serve as a backbone, but I don't know who the
other alt backbones are. (ptsfa?  hoptoad?  any others?)
--
Gordon A. Moffett                             gam@amdahl.amdahl.com
+1 408 746-8287			{ames,sun,uunet,ihnp4}!amdahl!gam

Amdahl's UTS/580: the most powerful Unix system in the world!

esj@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Eric S. Johnson) (02/08/88)

In article <608@spdcc.COM> dyer@spdcc.com (Steve Dyer) writes:
>Is there any information on the current connectivity of sites
>which pass the alt.* groups?  I've been avoiding sending out a sendsys
>message to find out, because of the traffic.  Anyone already done so
>and analysed the results?

Hey, what the hell, this IS the alt net ya' know. Go for it, and post the
results. I think it would be pretty interesting.

--
In Real Life:               Internet: esj@beach.cis.ufl.edu
Eric S. Johnson II          UUCP: ...ihnp4!codas!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!esj