[alt.config] FEED FOR GERMANY WAS:Re: An apology, and a question

In article <571@axis.fr> philip@axis.fr (Philip Peake) writes:
>In article <3631@ddsw1.MCS.COM>, karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

>> At $1.50 a minute, and a full newsfeed running about 20-30 minutes a day on
>> the Telebit, you're looking at a little over a thousand bucks a month --

>If you had read all of the articles on this subject you would have learned
>that you can only use APPROVED modems in Germany - Traliblazers are certainly
>not approved.

They're not?

May I ask how Unido is using these "unapproved" modems?  (in the prior
messages it was noted that they use Telebits).

You don't have to make a "profit" to profit from an activity.  I have
no problem with people profiting from work - - that's what capitalism is all
about.

My question is this -- if someone DOES bypass unido, connects to us, and
sends mail to some other site in Germany...... that mail comes here, is
routed to the german host, and arrives via unido -- are they going to
blacklist the "unofficial" site and bounce the mail?  If so, then I would
say that it is in the interests of everyone else to bounce mail to or from
unido -- in other words, turnabout is fair play.  When connectivity becomes
non-existant for them, they might reconsider their position.

Our offer of a feed, mail or news, to any foreign concern who asks stands.
Email is all that is required to get it set up.

--
Karl Denninger (karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]