[alt.config] New newsgroup: alt.industrial

mathew@mantis.co.uk (Giving C News a *HUG*) (06/07/91)

ken@Control.COM (Ken Crater) writes:
> Readers here may be interested in a newly formed newsgroup, alt.industrial.

I don't recall seeing any discussion in alt.config. Propogation of the group
is virtually zero as a result.

> This group was originated by representatives of the Industrial Computing
> Society for the purpose of discussing such issues as:
>
> * CIM, factory automation, PLC application, industrial networking
> * Sociological implications of automation, acceptance of CIM
> * Conferences and news relating to industrial automation and industrial polic

Well, my considered opinion is that you chose the name VERY badly.

Half of the people who see the name will say "Industrial what?!". The other
half will post saying "Hey, have you heard the new Ministry album?"

I suggest that you remove the group and start a discussion on alt.config
about forming alt.computing.industrial or similar.

mathew