[sci.med.aids] HOME AIDS T

Bob.Johnston@asuvax.asu.edu (Bob Johnston) (05/25/89)

 > Practicing safe sex (regardless of your or your partner's antibody
 > status) is what prevents the spread of AIDS. Safe sex education
 > not antibody testing!!!!!!

 Correct, and it is VERY important.  It is also best to get into the *habit* of practicing SAFE sex, even if we could be sure that our partner were totally safe from years of experience with that individual. Some time in the future, even if a person were monogomous, one or the other might die from natural causes. At that time, the other partner would perhaps look for a new partner. If they had not been practicing safe sex, it might be difficult to begin and they could get into trouble.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!stjhmc!103!527!Bob.Johnston
Internet: Bob.Johnston@f527.n103.z1.fidonet.org

netnews@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Netnews account) (06/06/89)

In article <24509@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, stjhmc!f527.n103.z1.fidonet.org!Bob.Johnston@asuvax.asu.edu (Bob Johnston) writes:

>  > Practicing safe sex (regardless of your or your partner's antibody
>  > status) is what prevents the spread of AIDS. Safe sex education
>  > not antibody testing!!!!!!
>
>  Correct, and it is VERY important.  It is also best to get into the *habit* of practicing SAFE sex, even if we could be sure that our partner were totally safe from years of experience with that individual. Some time in the future, even if a person wer
e >
> monogomous, one or the other might die from natural causes. At that time, the other partner would perhaps look for a new partner. If they had not been practicing safe sex, it might be difficult to begin and they could get into trouble.
>
> --
> Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!stjhmc!103!527!Bob.Johnston
> Internet: Bob.Johnston@f527.n103.z1.fidonet.org

Can someone please define safe sex to me or point me to a source of an accepted
definition?  For instance:

At what risk is a male RECEIVING oral sex of getting the virus?

or:

At what risk is a male having unprotected intercourse with promiscuous female?

Please don't flame me, I am getting a divorce and have to start thinking about
AIDS, sex, relationships, etc.  I haven't studied safe sex too much since I got
married, but now I have to.  Thanks in advance,

James E. Ward
f0057@uafhp.UUCP