[net.news.group] Why is there a net.apollo?

ab3@pucc-h (Darth Wombat) (01/11/84)

	...and who created it?  And why isn't it net.micro.apollo?

--
"Go ahead...make my day."
Darth Wombat

alb@alice.UUCP (01/12/84)

net and fa.apollo should not have been created, and I
have removed them.

dann@wxlvax.UUCP (Dan Neiman) (01/12/84)

    As to why there is a net.apollo, it was created for discussions of
    the Apollo workstation.  I didn't create it, but this is my
    retroactive vote for its creation.  If anyone wants to move it
    to net.works.apollo, that's fine. (NB: NOT net.micro.apollo, these
    machines just aren't in the same league as your PC, or Commodore).

dann

bbanerje@sjuvax.UUCP (01/13/84)

I agree with this!

Also, why was there no discussion on this newsgroup.  Why was fa.apollo
created simultaneously?

Would whoever is responsible, please respond.
--

				Binayak Banerjee
		{allegra | astrovax | bpa | burdvax}!sjuvax!bbanerje

ken@turtleva.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (01/13/84)

	From ...!pur-ee!CS-Mordred!Pucc-H:ab3 Wed Jan 11 08:39:27 1984
	Subject: Why is there a net.apollo?
	Newsgroups: net.news.group

		...and who created it?  And why isn't it net.micro.apollo?

It should really be neither.  Net.micro is for microprocessors, and the
Apollo is a workstation.  It should be called net.works.apollo.

	Never afraid to play devil's advocate,

			Ken Turkowski
		    CADLINC, Palo Alto
		{decwrl,amd70}!turtlevax!ken