[sci.med.aids] Mosquitos & AIDS

eesnyder@ncar.UCAR.EDU (Eric E. Snyder) (09/02/89)

In article <9463@chinet.chi.il.us> arf@chinet.chi.il.us (Jack Schmidling) writes:
>AIDS patients and HIV positives should be quarantined for reasons that have
>nothing to do with near-zero vectors such as mosquitoes.  They should be
>quantined because they are spreading a deadly disease among healthy
>populations and Big Brother's dis-information is killing people.

Give me a break!  Knowing what we now know about HIV transmission, it is
quite possible to allow HIV+ individuals to live free in society.  Simply
following the Surgeon General recomendations is enough to greatly reduce
the chance of hetero- or homosexual transmission or transmission as the
result of IV drug use.  A little good sense can reduce that probability to
near zero. I don't think that can be considered government dis-information!

>The majority of AIDS patients brought the disease upon themselves but
>dis-informatiom allows them to spread it to others who can not control the
>behavior of the carriers.

Sorry to cross post this garbage to sci.med.aids, but this sort of attitude
is so disgusing....perhaps someone would like to set this person straight.
_Please_ reply to arf@chinet.chi.il.us.... a bunch of follow-ups could
really clog the net....

TTGATTGCTAAACACTGGGCGGCGATTCAGGGTTGGGATCTGAACAAAGACGGTCAGATTCAGTTCGTACTGCTG
Eric E. Snyder                             I love this mansion,
Department of Biochemistry                 'though it's too many windows
University of Colorado, Boulder            to open half-way each morning
Boulder, Colorado 80309                    to close half-way each night.
LeuIleAlaLysHisTrpAlaAlaAsnGlnGlyTrpAspLeuAsnLysAspGlyGlnIleGlnPheValLeuLeu

arf@att.att.com (09/04/89)

late/e8

Article 2452 in sci.bio:
From: boulder!boulder!eesnyder@ncar.UCAR.EDU (Eric E.
Snyder)
Newsgroups: sci.bio,sci.med.aids
Subject: Re: Mosquitos & AIDS

Snyder says:

>Give me a break!  Knowing what we now know about HIV
transmission, it is quite possible to bla bla bla...

ARF says:

In keeping with my previous posting, I will translate yours:

Knowing what Big Brother has allowed us to know about
HIV.......bla bla bla............

You are a little late in this discussion.  My adrenaline is
about used up.

In summary, it was agreed that Big Brother's dis-information
was necessary to protect the rights of HIV not to be
persecuted and to maintain a steady market for AZT.

The Amateur Radio Forum (arf)