[sci.med.aids] Earthquake issues

V5040U%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu (Russell Erik Johannesson) (10/20/89)

Does anyone know how the seismic disturbances in San Francisco have
impacted AIDS-related services and People With Aids?

--Russell

       Russell Erik Johannesson
       1250 West Cecil B. Moore Avenue
       W610
       Philadelphia, PA  19122
       (215-)765-9479

       V5040U @ TEMPLEVM                (BITNet)
       v5040u @ vm.temple.edu           (InterNet)

brianl@uunet.uu.net (Brian Larsen) (10/24/89)

In article <28332@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> V5040U%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu (Russell Erik Johannesson) writes:
>Does anyone know how the seismic disturbances in San Francisco have
>impacted AIDS-related services and People With Aids?

Yes.  I have a friend who works for one such organization, Ellipse,
Their building has been condemned and at this point they are out
"out-of-business", they are hoping to be allowed in to retrieve their
records.  However I also found out that they are the only service that
has been affected.

Over all I think that's great news.
-Brian Larsen

skaron@eagle.wesleyan.edu (10/24/89)

In article <28410@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, brianl@uunet.uu.net (Brian Larsen) writes:
> In article <28332@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> V5040U%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu (Russell Erik Johannesson) writes:

}>Does anyone know how the seismic disturbances in San Francisco have
}>impacted AIDS-related services and People With Aids?

   (Slight stuff deleted)
>  However I also found out that they are the only service that
> has been affected.
>
> Over all I think that's great news.

  AMEN!

-Steve Karon
 SKaron@eagle.wes.edu

brianl@uunet.uu.net (Brian Larsen) (10/25/89)

In article <28410@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> brianl@uunet.uu.net (Brian Larsen) writes:
>>Does anyone know how the seismic disturbances in San Francisco have
>>impacted AIDS-related services and People With Aids?
>
>Yes.  I have a friend who works for one such organization, Ellipse,
>Their building has been condemned and at this point they are out
>"out-of-business", they are hoping to be allowed in to retrieve their records.

to follow-up.
Ellipse is now back in business.
One of their employees had all their records stored on floppies,
and they have taken temporary residence with the San Mateo County
AIDS Program.

Good news to the over 150 AIDS patients they support.

--Brian Larsen

Dave.Giunti@f98.n125.z1.fidonet.org (Dave Giunti) (10/25/89)

 > From: V5040U%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu (Russell Erik
 >
 > Does anyone know how the seismic disturbances in San Francisco
 > have
 > impacted AIDS-related services and People With Aids?

 fortunatly the infrastructure set up to serve the PWA community was
strong enough that in at least one instance it could be extended to serve
others as well.  Project Open Hand brings meals to home bound PWAs.  When it
was learned that many seniors were unable to get out for food because of the
power outage the delivery system expanded to service this new need.  As always
materials and money are in short supply, so if you have a favorite AIDS related
charity, now would be a good time to give.  You will likely help others in need
as well!

    Dave

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!stjhmc!125!98!Dave.Giunti
Internet: Dave.Giunti@f98.n125.z1.fidonet.org