[sci.med.aids] Info Wanted on AIDS education etc.

kwee@spencer.cs.uoregon.edu (kelvin wee) (02/01/90)

In article <31331@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> oneil@zeus.unl.edu (Sharon L. O'Neil) writes:
>I just recently joined an organization called the Lincoln (Nebraska) AIDS
>Interfaith Network ....
>

>Because I am a college student, I have made contact with several
>organizations on my university campus, including the University health center,
>the womens resource center, the gay/lesbian student association, and the
>university residence hall education department.  If you are currently on a
>university campus, what sort of programs/education/resources do you currently
>have available?

I'm at the University of Oregon, Eugene, OR.  We just wrapped up
a month long educational program here.  The entire month of
January was AIDS Information Month.  It was co-sponsored by
several organizations -- our student government body, the gay and
lesbian alliance, the Univeristy's President's office, te
cultural forum, student activities resource office, foreign
student organiztaion, etc.etc.etc.

There were art exhibitions, lectures and a weekend long
symposium.  The people who could probably help you most on this
are:

WILL WHITE (Student Activities Resource Office) (503) 686-4000
KRIS PETERSON (Associated Students UO) (503) 686-3724

I was on the steering committee representing the foreign student
org. and I must say the entire month went extremely well.

>Sharon Lindsey O'Neil              | Internet: oneil@zeus.unl.edu
>"Semper Ubi Sub Ubi."              | Bitnet:   oneil@unoma1
>"Illegitimi non carborundum!"      | UUCP:     ...!uunet!zeus.unl.edu!oneil

Kelvin Wee