[sci.med.aids] President Bush's speech

bondc@spdcc.com (Asmodeus) (04/08/90)

In article <33838@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> wolves.uucp!ggw@mcnc.org (Gregory G. Woodbury) writes:

>        Promiscuity is having multiple sex partners over a relatively short
>period of time WITHOUT regard for the consequences.

No.  Promiscuity is having more sex than you.
It is a useless term for any productive discussion
of any issue, though lots of people find it quite
useful for implying that they have "higher" morals
than others.

>In NO WAY do I mean to
>imply that gay==promiscuous!

It really doesn't matter.  The word is always self-
congratulatory, always judgemental, always offensive,
whoever it is arbitrarily applied to.

Queers should know better, eh?

Fuck no.

--
"Ti soffoca il sangue? Muori, dannato!  Muori!  Muori!"
                      ^------------More Philistine bait

ericb@banzai.PCC.COM (Eric Burkett) (04/08/90)

In article <33838@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> wolves.uucp!ggw@mcnc.org (Gregory G. Woodbury) writes:
>	Promiscuity is having multiple sex partners over a relatively short
>period of time WITHOUT regard for the consequences.  In NO WAY do I mean to
>imply that gay==promiscuous!

Hon, as a promiscuous gay man, I'd like to let you know that I think about what
the consequences might be- as a result I practice what is commonly referred to
as "Safe Sex".  Granted, the interpretation of just what safe sex is tends to
vary from one individual to the other, which is why we discuss these things
before hand.  We do, don't we?

There is nothing wrong with promiscuity, straight, bisexual, lesbian, or gay.  I
like sex, and I like variety.

Now, I'll just get off my high-horse and wait for John to bring back my bacon
double cheese burger.

-Eric Burkett