[sci.med.aids] Getting AIDS

Kevin.Roberts@f201.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Kevin Roberts) (06/07/90)

        My friend and I were wondering how male gets A.I.D.S. from having
sexual intercourse considering the male ejacuates into the female?

                                        Your Friend,
                                            Kevin Roberts

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!221!201!Kevin.Roberts
Internet: Kevin.Roberts@f201.n221.z1.fidonet.org

Karin.Lee@f165.n103.z1.fidonet.org (Karin Lee) (06/07/90)

In a message to Ken Green <06-02-90 18:30> Kevin Roberts wrote:

KR>         Me and a friend were wondering how male gets
KR> A.I.D.S. from having sexual intercourse considering the
KR> male ejacuates into the female?

While this wasn't addressed as an open letter, I would like to take a stab at
it (so to speak).

If intercourse involved a quick poke followed by ejaculation, there would be
slight chance of the vaginal fluids being absorbed into the mucous membranes of
the penis. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately...smile) intercourse involves
much more contact than this, and the constant motion involved allows vaginal
fluids to move up into, and be absorbed by, the penis. As the HIV virus is
present in the vaginal fluid, this leaves plenty of opportunity for
transferring viral infections to the male. Adding to this the fact that blood
vessels in the urethra are prone to rupture (on a microscopic scale) during
this activity only serves to increase the problem.

So, you can see why it is very important to wrap that rascal - even for vanilla
sex.

love and huggs
karin!

SEEN-BY:

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!103!165!Karin.Lee
Internet: Karin.Lee@f165.n103.z1.fidonet.org