[sci.med.aids] Compound Q

GBRADEN%MITVMC.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu (Glen Braden) (07/31/90)

   It`s probably been discussed in detail, but I have a friend who is
considering treatment with Compound Q. Does anyone have some up to date
facts, that he should know, to help make a decision for/against?, (Legal
questions aside). Is there a file somewhere that I can download. He
very interested in knowing dosage, current risks, test results, any info
at all.

                                      Thanks in advance... Glen

marco@ozdaltx.UUCP (Steve Giammarco) (08/01/90)

In article <37504@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, GBRADEN%MITVMC.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu (Glen
Braden) writes:

> considering treatment with Compound Q. Does anyone have some up to date
> facts, that he should know, to help make a decision for/against?, (Legal
> questions aside). Is there a file somewhere that I can download. He
> very interested in knowing dosage, current risks, test results, any info
> at all.

Two accurate sources of information would be AIDS Treatment News, and,
a booklet put out by AmFAR American Foundation for AIDS Research (the
public health dept. Sometimes university and hospital medical libraries
have them.  You could also logon to AIDS Information Exchange (in Dallas)
at 214-247-5609 and logon as "aids".  The files section has most of the past
AIDS Treatment News issues. The service is free except for the LD call.

By the way, Compound Q is also known as GL223 (it might be GLQ223, sorry,
I forget...) in case you do a keyword lookup in any database.

=
Steve Giammarco        5330 Peterson Ln #1211 Dallas TX 75240
214.788.0976
AIDS Resource Center   4012 Cedar Springs Rd  Dallas TX 75219
214.521.5124
{mic,void,egsner}!ozdaltx!marco

Michael.Wright@f100.n125.z1.fidonet.org (Michael Wright) (08/07/90)

The best source for info on Q is Project Inform in SF, they are involved in
the trials and can be reached by calling 1-800-334-7422 (within CA.)
or 1-800-334-7422 (elsewhere in the US) 415-558-9051 local/international
number and the fax number is 415 558-0684, they are an excellent source of
info on experimental drugs as well.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!125!100!Michael.Wright
Internet: Michael.Wright@f100.n125.z1.fidonet.org

marco@ozdaltx.UUCP (Steve Giammarco) (08/08/90)

Ang.
SNote:   Copyright 1990 by Daniel R. Greening.  Permission granted for
Note:   non-commercial rebut[ ection.
Archive-number: 2327

In article <37504@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, GBRADEN%MITVMC.t in tBraden) writes:

> considering treatment with Compound Q. Does anyone have some up to date
> facts, that he should know, to help ibsonf decision for/against?, (Legal
> questions aside). > very interested in knowing dosage, current risks, test results, any info
> at all.

Two accurate sources of inforxation would be AIDS Treatment News, and,
a booklet put out by AmFAR American Foundation for AIDS alses1(the
public health dept. Sometimes university and hospital medical libraries
have them.  You could also logon to AIDS Information Exchange (in Dallas)
at 214-247-5609 and logon as "aids".  The files section has most of the past
AIDS Treatment News issues. The service is free except for the LD call.

By the way, Compound Q is also known as GL223 (it might be GLQ223, sorry,
I forget...) in case you do a keyword lookup in any database.

=
Steve Giammarco        5330 214.788.0976
AIDS Resource Center   4012 Cedar Springs Rd  Dallas TX 75219
214.521.5124
{mic,void,egsner}!ozdaltx!marco
#! rnews 682eturehod.From: l