[sci.med.aids] Safety of condoms

John.Smith@p0.f15.n114.z1.fidonet.org (John Smith) (09/03/90)

I always test condoms by inflating them, but this does not seem to be an
effective way to detect microscopic pores that could allow the AIDS virus
through.  I understand that condoms for human use are a highly effective
barrier, but what about veterinary condoms?  They are not made for the same
purpose, so are they unsafe as a means of protection?

Please understand that I am not attempting to be facetious, nor is my inquiry
in regards to beastality.  I am not able to wear ordinary condoms.  I have not
received answers from manufacturers of veterinary condoms.

My apologies for using an alias against network rules, but please understand
my need for privacy.   This message is being posted on a bulletin board
outside of my local area.

--- Opus-CBCS 1.13
 * Origin: St. Joseph's Medical Ctr BBS (602) 235-9653 (1:114/15.0)

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!15.0!John.Smith
Internet: John.Smith@p0.f15.n114.z1.fidonet.org