[sci.med.aids] oral sex transmission ?;s

v069paxq@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Christophe Scozzaro) (12/09/90)

re oral sex and precum... vs ejaculate in the mouth.

in a aids training seminar. they said that the precum has a  HIGHER level
of concentraiton of HIV virus in an infected peson than the semen..
hence someone performing oral sex on a partner.. the partner cannot control
the precum
and a tiny cut in the mouth or bleeding gumline
EQUALS  SEMEN(PRECUM)  + BLOOD   CONTACT

AGAIN BEWARE OF ORAL SEX THAT IS UNPROTECTED

mwfolsom%hydra.unm.edu@ariel.unm.edu (Mike Folsom) (12/09/90)

In article <1990Dec8.165233.10296@cs.ucla.edu> v069paxq@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>re oral sex and precum... vs ejaculate in the mouth.
>
>in a aids training seminar. they said that the precum has a  HIGHER level
>of concentraiton of HIV virus in an infected peson than the semen..
>hence someone performing oral sex on a partner.. the partner cannot control
>the precum
>and a tiny cut in the mouth or bleeding gumline
>EQUALS  SEMEN(PRECUM)  + BLOOD   CONTACT
>
>AGAIN BEWARE OF ORAL SEX THAT IS UNPROTECTED

Sorry about this but I have to ask.  Can anybody back this up with some
evidence?  Something like a citation to a published paper in a reviewed
journal.  I'm a little bit leary of thing said by someone at a training
session.  I don't mean to flame anybody but lets try and stay with the
facts, just the facts.

Michael

--
Michael W. Folsom            (mwfolsom@unmvm) -or- (mwfolsom@unmvm.unm.edu)