[sci.med.aids] ibogaine

diggins@husc4.harvard.edu (Lenard Diggins) (03/04/91)

Hi folk,
    I would appreciate *any* information on ibogaine.  It can
anecdotal or strictly scientific.  I'm also interested in getting
a sample.  If you feel uncomfortable communicating over the
"bit-waves," please write to:

                  PO Box 923
                  Camb., MA 02238

or call 617-495-1954 (anytime).

Thanks much,
 ______
 \    /    LTD: diggins@husc4.harvard.edu
  \/\/                    or
  /\/\              ltd@world.std.com
 /____\

hlaufman@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Harry B Laufman) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.200457.16283@cs.ucla.edu> diggins@husc4.harvard.edu (Lenard Diggins) writes:
>Hi folk,
>    I would appreciate *any* information on ibogaine.  It can
[...]

Ibogaine extracts are said to be used by certain African hunters enabling
them to remain motionless for up to two days and yet maintain mental
acuity.  The Merck Index also cautions of "serious psychological
disturbances" which may account for where I first heard of Ibogaine,
a Hunter S. Thompson piece.  Ibogaine is from the shrub Tabernanthe
iboga (thats two words).  Its therapeutic category is anti-
depressant.  Neuropharmocological study mentioned is SCHNEIDER,
SIGG, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 66, 765 (1957).

honig@ics.uci.edu (David Honig) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.200457.16283@cs.ucla.edu> diggins@husc4.harvard.edu (Lenard Diggins) writes:
>Hi folk,
>    I would appreciate *any* information on ibogaine.  It can
>anecdotal or strictly scientific.  I'm also interested in getting
>a sample.  If you feel uncomfortable communicating over the
>"bit-waves," please write to:
>
>                  PO Box 923
>                  Camb., MA 02238
>
>or call 617-495-1954 (anytime).
>
>Thanks much,
> ______
> \    /    LTD: diggins@husc4.harvard.edu
>  /\/\              ltd@world.std.com
> /____\

I think sigma or Aldritch sells it but its scheduled, ie, you need
a DEA permission slip (good luck).
--
David Honig
"The complexity of the brain boggles the mind.  Obviously."