[sci.med.aids] Survey in England?

ghenrick@UNIX2.TCD.IE (05/20/91)

Does anyone have a copy of the survey done in England with
the percentages of hiv + in pregnant women ?
Does anyone have details on this from other European countries?
Does anyone have details on this from the US?
Could anyone with related details either email them to me at

        gjh@maths.tcd.ie
            or
        ghenrick@unix2.tcd.ie

or post them up.

I need these details in the next few days for a Dr friend.

Thanks very much.

--
The Lord said unto Gavin.
"Many Talents have you not, So make the most of those I gave you."

zennaro@iesd.auc.dk (Christina Zennaro) (05/21/91)

I know that they have been doing it for a couple of years in Norway.
I don't have any statistics though. They are beginning to do it in
Denmark too, but so far there haven't been released any statistics.
(As far as I know.)

Christina Zennaro
Member of the National board
of the Danish Gay and Lesbian
Organisation

tcravenbm@cc.curtin.edu.au (05/28/91)

There is a summary of the survey( which was published in the Lancet about may14
in the London Times May 18. There are two articles. One which is the alarmist
report of a big increase in St thomas' hospital of HIV in pregnant women -
- but in the second wider survey of samples from ten ante-natal clinics
in Yorkshire the prevalence was only one in 16,000. the conclusion is
that the geographical concentration "of the positive tests suggests a
higher than average level of HIV in racial minority groups, but this is
only an inference"