Date:         Wed, 29 May 91 14:43:35 pdt
Sender:       "Sci.Med.AIDS Newsgroup" <AIDS%USCVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
From:         "Support Account for SCI.MED.AIDS" <aids%cs.ucla.edu@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      (3205)      Re: (3204) safty
To:           Multiple recipients of list AIDS <AIDS@USCVM>

>From: MacPhil <IQTI400%INDYCMS.BITNET@mvs.oac.ucla.edu>
Newsgroups: sci.med.aids
Subject:      Re: (3204) safty
Date:         Wed, 29 May 91 14:39:04 EST
Note:   Copyright 1990 by Daniel R. Greening.  Permission granted for
Note:   non-commercial reproduction.
Archive-number: 3205

On Wed, 29 May 91 12:34:01 pdt Support Account for SCI.MED.AIDS said:
>small cuts, etc..). Pretty reliably I've heard that the AIDS virus can not
>survive the stomach's acidity, thereby implying that oral sex is fairly safe.
>I think I'd only feel safe in saying that oral sex has a smaller possibility
>for getting infected than some other form of sex which would have a higher
>probability for blood-blood or semen-blood contact.
>
>gerri@ibm.com

Whooooooaaaaaaa. I don't mean this to sound like I'm starting a fire, but
acidity of the stomach does not seem to be the primary deterrent for
contracting HIV.  As has been mentioned by many on this list, there are
plenty of opportunities for introducing fluids into the receiving body
before the semen reaches the stomach; towit: open sores, mucous membranes,
etc.  Do you floss your teeth? Do your gums bleed then?

If fluids can exit a portion of the body, they can almost always
enter it too.  More-or-less, extensions of the old credos:  the more
secure your house and harder it is for them to get in, the harder it is
for you to get out.  If they are within range of your guns, odds are,
you are in range of theirs.

       MacPhil                       iqti400@indycms.bitnet
1-800-972-8744 x40836              iqti400@indycms.iupui.edu

<^>v Via SCI.MED.AIDS => AIDSNEWS gateway / aids@cs.ucla.edu