[sci.med.aids] From today's

IQTI400@INDYCMS (MacPhil) (06/15/91)

Both of these are from p. D1

o) The CDC has confirmed two more cases of AIDS infections from patients
   treated by Dr. David Acer.

o) A government blueprint presented by Surgen General Novello is
   summarized.  One interesting statement is that "the greatest
   increases in AIDS are now seen in towns under 100'000 population..."

       MacPhil                       iqti400@indycms.bitnet
1-800-972-8744 x40836              iqti400@indycms.iupui.edu

ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org (David Dodell) (06/16/91)

On <Fri, Jun 14 11:14>, MacPhil (asuvax.eas.asu.edu!IQTI400@INDYCMS ) wrote:

 >Both of these are from p. D1

 >o) The CDC has confirmed two more cases of AIDS infections from
 >patients
 >   treated by Dr. David Acer.

I also noticed this article and this confirms my suspicions from day 1 that
Dr. Acer was doing something wrong in his infection control techniques at his
office.  Of the number of contacts per day between HIV infected patients and
various doctors, you would expect many doctors becoming HIV infected but I
don't see this happening.

I really wish that CDC would start discussing the possibility that Dr. Acer
was lax, instead this open ended announcements give more credence to
uninformed individuals that AIDS can be transmitted through proper infection
control barriers.

David

          St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
        uucp: {gatech, ames, rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!ddodell
    Bitnet: ATW1H @ ASUACAD                    FidoNet=> 1:114/15
    Internet: ddodell@stjhmc.fidonet.org       FAX: +1 (602) 451-1165