[comp.protocols.ibm] MVS storage

evelyn@mcl.UUCP (evelyn) (01/09/88)

I am interested in any information pertaining to the following questions.
What MVS modules would request storage out of the common area, what key
would they use and what subpool would they use?  What does an address space
use out of LSQA?

Evelyn J. Millions
Computer Consultant
Sask Power
Regina, Saskatchewan.

ralph@rtech.UUCP (Ralph Harnden) (01/20/88)

In article <154@mcl.UUCP> evelyn@mcl.UUCP (evelyn) writes:
>I am interested in any information pertaining to the following questions.
>What MVS modules would request storage out of the common area, what key
>would they use and what subpool would they use?  What does an address space
>use out of LSQA?
>
>Evelyn J. Millions
>Computer Consultant
>Sask Power
>Regina, Saskatchewan.

Answers to your questions regarding MVS/XA storage pools and protect keys
are contained in LC28-1164, MVS/XA Debugging Handbook, Vol. 1.  See Chapter
5, section "Storage Summary."