[comp.protocols.ibm] SNA Texts

ERIC@ETSU.BITNET (Eric Job) (04/26/88)

Our site has been an older bisync environment (IBM 4341, 3705, local
terminal controllers), but our university is looking towards an upgrade
sometime in the near future.  In anticipation of upgrading into
an SNA (VTAM, NCP, etc.) environment, I need to begin learning about
it.  Any suggestions of what texts, videos and courses that best taught
you SNA would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance for your reply.

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (04/27/88)

In article <8804251716.AA00765@jade.berkeley.edu> Eric Job <ERIC%ETSU.bitnet@jade.berkeley.edu> writes:
>  In anticipation of upgrading into
>an SNA (VTAM, NCP, etc.) environment, I need to begin learning about
>it.  Any suggestions of what texts, videos and courses that best taught
>you SNA would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Try _SNA Theory and Practice_ by Anura Guruge.  Published by Pergamon
Infotech Lmt., ISBN 0 08 028583 X.  It is available from Computer Literacy.
A good overview of SNA, except that it is too old to cover some of
the more recent things such as LU 6.2.  But still highly recommended.
A new one that just came out is Systems Network Architecture: a tutorial
by Anton Meijer.  Published by Pitman Publishing in Grate Britin and
John Wiley & Sons, Inc in the U.S.A.  ISBN 0-470-21015-X.  I havn't
read it but it does cover the newer features of SNA such as LU 6.2 and
some of the related architechtures such as SNADS and DIA.

We (Communications Solutions, Inc.) also offer a series of seminars and
reports covering a varity of SNA related topics.  If you want more information,
email me your paper mail address or call us at (408) 559-1118 and ask for
Information Services.

Jerry Whitnell				Been through Hell?
Communication Solutions, Inc.		What did you bring back for me?
						- A. Brilliant

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (04/29/88)

In article <8804271453.AA04540@jade.berkeley.edu> Jerry Whitnell <nsc!csi!jwhitnel@decwrl.dec.com> writes:
>by Anton Meijer.  Published by Pitman Publishing in Grate Britin and
						     ^^^^^ ^^^^^^

My brain was in neutral and my fingers were on their own when I typed this.
Yes, I do know it is spelled Great Britain.  Mea Culpa.

Jerry Whitnell                          Been through Hell?
Communication Solutions, Inc.           What did you bring back for me?
                                                - A. Brilliant

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (04/29/88)

In article <8804271453.AA04540@jade.berkeley.edu> Jerry Whitnell
        <nsc!csi!jwhitnel@decwrl.dec.com> writes:
>by Anton Meijer.  Published by Pitman Publishing in Grate Britin and

My brain was in neutral and my fingers were on their own when I typed this.
Yes, I do know it is spelled Great Britain.  Mea Culpa.

Jerry Whitnell                          Been through Hell?
Communication Solutions, Inc.           What did you bring back for me?
                                                - A. Brilliant

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (05/04/88)

I received the following header without a message in response to my
posting of SNA texts.  If you could have sent this message, please
try again.