[comp.protocols.ibm] HASP initial handshake

jking@apollo.uucp (John King) (05/11/88)

    Does anyone recall from their old bisync days what the initial
HASP handshaking looks like on a dial-up line.  I assume it starts with
a general poll (32324040c1c12d) from the host, but after that I'm not
sure.

Jack

heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) (05/12/88)

In article <3bfce2cb.426e@apollo.uucp> jking@apollo.uucp (John King) writes:

>    Does anyone recall from their old bisync days what the initial
>HASP handshaking looks like on a dial-up line.  I assume it starts with
>a general poll (32324040c1c12d) from the host, but after that I'm not
>sure.

John,

My HASP literature says the handshaking starts out per this zig-zag:
		Terminal		Host
		========		=====
			-----SOH-ENQ--->

			<------ACK0-----

			-----SIGNON--->

In other versions the initial SOH-ENQ is shown as only ENQ.
The SIGNON is really DLE-STX....signon message.....DLE-ETX-CRC1-CRC2

The general poll you showed in the original posting looks like 3270 Bisync
rather than HASP to me.

	Good luck,
	Robert Heath

heath@ncrcae.UUCP (Robert Heath) (05/12/88)