[net.micro] WANTED: Wordstar 3.3 Label Addresses for MS-DOS

db21@ihuxk.UUCP (Dave Beyerl) (01/06/86)

	I'm looking for a listing of the Wordstar 3.3 label and
patch area addresses for MS-DOS application similar to those for
WS 3.0 & 3.3 on CP/M.  If a complete list is unavailable, I would
appreciate the address of label DEFDSK { DEFault DiSK dirve } so
that I can at least run WS from a ram disk rather than from a
floppy.
	Please send replies to ihuxk!db21.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

					Dave Beyerl
					ihuxk!db21

mojo@kepler.UUCP (Morris Jones) (01/08/86)

In article <1047@ihuxk.UUCP> db21@ihuxk.UUCP (Dave Beyerl) writes:

>	I'm looking for a listing of the Wordstar 3.3 label and
>patch area addresses for MS-DOS application similar to those for
>WS 3.0 & 3.3 on CP/M.  If a complete list is unavailable, I would
>appreciate the address of label DEFDSK { DEFault DiSK dirve } so
>that I can at least run WS from a ram disk rather than from a
>floppy.

Dave,  There are lists of label address for WordStar 3.3, but you
probably don't need them.

First of all, the DEFDSK byte is patchable directly by WINSTALL by
going to the "Menu of WordStar Features" and choosing the "Default
disk drive" (or "System disk drive" on older WINSTALL's).

Secondly, for other labels that you know you want to patch, the
"label patcher" is still in WINSTALL, albeit hidden.  From the
first "INSTALLATION MENU" press the "+" to get to the "Custom
Modification Routine".  You can access all of the commonly known
labels for WordStar from this section.

That's what I do to find the address of a WordStar 3.3 label.

This information is valid for CP/M as well as PC/MS-DOS.

--
Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Product Development