[comp.protocols.ibm] Re^2: IBM and Ethernet

kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) (07/30/89)

randy@rls.UUCP ("Randall L. Smith") writes:

>In article <8907262257.AA09149@jade.berkeley.edu>, kevin@msa3b.UUCP ("Kevin P.
>        Kleinfelter") writes:
>>EETPISG%CALSTATE@RICE.EDU ("Kay Schenk at Chico") writes:
>>
>>>  - does IBM (or any one else) provide Ethernet hardware.  Our SE is checking
>>>      and someone else thinks its an option in one of these controllers
>>
>> There is a company called "Mitek" which sells a box to provide an ethernet
>> attachment for a 370.  They have two versions:

>Sooooo, where can we reach this company?  Is there at least a city?

They are an "AT&T Partner" or some similar title (it means that AT&T will
introduce you to them if AT&T thinks they have to do so in order to get
your business.)  You might ask your AT&T rep.

There is a listing in the Atlanta phone book that I THINK is the right company:
	Mitek Systems Inc, Norcross GA (404) 368-9988

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP (Rostyk Lewyckyj) (08/04/89)

In article <8908020651.AA10412@jade.berkeley.edu>, kevin@msa3b.UUCP ("Kevin P. Kleinfelter") writes:
> randy@rls.UUCP ("Randall L. Smith") writes:
>
> >In article <8907262257.AA09149@jade.berkeley.edu>, kevin@msa3b.UUCP ("Kevin P.
> >        Kleinfelter") writes:

> >> There is a company called "Mitek" which sells a box to provide an ethernet
> >> attachment for a 370.  They have two versions:
>
> >Sooooo, where can we reach this company?  Is there at least a city?
>
> They are an "AT&T Partner" or some similar title (it means that AT&T will
> introduce you to them if AT&T thinks they have to do so in order to get
> your business.)  You might ask your AT&T rep.
>
> There is a listing in the Atlanta phone book that I THINK is the right company:
>         Mitek Systems Inc, Norcross GA (404) 368-9988

I have not seen the original posting, so if my $.02 is irrelevant
please accept my apologies.

IBM has a box called the 8232 whisch does that.
They also have TCP/IP software called ?? FAL ?? for both the MVS
and VM operating systems to go along with that box.
There is also a company called Advanced Computer Communications, (ACC)
720 Santa Barbara Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. tel (805) 334-9431
Which has TCP/IP software for MVS and I think they also have the
hardware to connect the 370 to ethernet.
Anyways I suggest you contact the following people for more info:
Joe Ragland <tucjrr@tucc.bitnet> tel (919) 549-0671
James Kitchen <ukitch@unc.bitnet>  tel (919) 962-1622
             urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP ,  urjlew@unc.bitnet
       or    urjlew@uncvm1.acs.unc.edu    (ARPA,SURA,NSF etc. internet)