[comp.protocols.ibm] IBM Front End Processor

scp@bpa.BELL-ATL.COM (Steve Parowski) (11/20/89)

Are there other vendors that provide the
37XX functionality besides COMTEN ?

And, if So who are they and how do they         maintain
communication with modifications in acf/vtam?

Steve

littauer@uts.amdahl.com (Tom Littauer) (11/21/89)

In article <1989Nov20.145935.4357@bpa.BELL-ATL.COM> scp@bpa.BELL-ATL.COM (Steve Parowski) writes:
>Are there other vendors that provide the
>37XX functionality besides COMTEN ?

Yes. Amdahl ships 47XX front end processors which do what the 37XXs do.

>And, if So who are they and how do they         maintain
>communication with modifications in acf/vtam?

Since the 47XX FEPs use the same NCP that the 37XXs use, you just load
it in. It really doesn't matter which box you use, except for price and
performance. Call your local Amdahl office for details, since I'm in the
UNIX (tm) Systems side of the company.
--
UUCP:  littauer@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).

littauer@amdahl.UUCP (Tom Littauer) (11/21/89)