[comp.protocols.ibm] Cheap SMTP for IBM MVS

pte900@csc1.anu.oz.AU (Peter Elford) (12/15/89)

How do you get SMTP mail into an IBM mainframe running MVS cheaply ?

I know about Knet, Mitek, ACC, etc. but these are all high cost systems
that require special hardware interfaces. The MVS system does not have (and
will not ever have) PROFFS, so I need a standalone SMTP mail that allows
TSO users to send/receive SMTP mail into/from the Internet.

The users that are interested in this already have a Bridge CS1/SNA box -
would this be any use ?? They wil also soon have a Sun workstation and could
run the SUNLINK SNA software as an alternative path to their local LAN and
hence the rest of the world.

Peter Elford,                            e-mail: pte900@csc.anu.oz.au
Head, Systems Support Group    phone: +61 62 49 3542
Computer Services Centre   fax: +61 62 47 3425
Australian National University   post: PO Box 4
Canberra, AUSTRALIA          Canberra 2601

A01MES1@NIU.BITNET (Michael Stack) (12/16/89)

> How do you get SMTP mail into an IBM mainframe running MVS cheaply ?

Hmmm...   How do you get an IBM mainframe to run MVS cheaply?

Michael Stack
Northern Illinois University

mustard@sdrc.UUCP (Sandy Mustard) (12/17/89)

In article <8912160023.AA29500@lilac.berkeley.edu>, A01MES1@NIU.BITNET (Michael Stack) writes:

> Hmmm...   How do you get an IBM mainframe to run MVS cheaply?
>
> Michael Stack

Become a provider of IBM software!!!