[comp.protocols.ibm] VM's telnet only supports 3270

bill@VAX1.UDEL.EDU (William Tsai) (08/28/90)

In article <9008242112.AA17944@lilac.berkeley.edu> Tom Littauer
        <amdahl!littauer@APPLE.COM> writes:

>If you're stuck with 3270's the best thing to do is use a UNIX that actually
>supports them

We have IBM's PC/TCP (specifically telnet) for VM and seems like it only
emulates 3270 terminals.  We would like to telnet from VM to a Unix
host (running SCO Unix 3.2) and be in character mode (as opposed to
block mode) and be able to emulate some kind of smart terminals.
Is any product (on either side) offer this capabilities?  We're aware
of A-NET for IBM's tcp but it's very expensive ($13,000+ plus $2,000+
a year).

Thanks

bill@vax1.udel.edu
bill@delmarva.uucp